Amazon’s Intelligent Cloud Hosting Team is looking for System Development Engineers to join our Seattle team. You will join an international team of System Development Engineers and Technical Program Managers and work with peers in Seattle, New York, Dublin and Hyderabad.
As a System Development Engineer, you will support the Cloud compute and AWS infrastructure used every day to host all of Amazon's consumer business services. Our orchestration technology enables service owners at Amazon to choose run-times that meet their business needs (EC2, Docker Containers with ECS, Lambda), to choose the AWS infrastructure pieces they need and instantly deploy their innovations while the Intelligent Cloud Hosting team automatically monitors and manages the health of their infrastructure needs. This role is unique to Amazon and offers excellent career opportunities across multiple domains.
You will take an active part in supporting and operating Amazon current and next generation Intelligent Cloud Hosting technologies used to manage our highly distributed infrastructure. Our worldwide fleets serve 10s of billions of customer requests per day through Amazon retail websites, Kindle, Amazon instant video, Amazon subsidiaries and more, giving you a unique scale of impact opportunity for your career.
You will need to demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation across the company.
As a successful candidate you will have:
· A proven track record of diagnosing and fixing critical issues in high pressure situations.
· You will demonstrate creativity in identifying, scoping and building innovative tools to solve our unique operations problems.
· You will have a strong understanding of build and deployment pipelines as well as operations monitoring pipelines.
· You will have a strong understanding of cloud architecture scalability challenges.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 3+ years in support engineering
· Basic proficiency in at least one of following languages, Java, Python, Perl or Ruby
· Strong understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers
· Knowledge & experience of Linux and Apache
· Strong ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
· Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Linux environments
· Basic Understanding of Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing).
· Basic Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP).are you