Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of new initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared toward making it a no-brainer for core gamers to join Amazon Prime. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top notch software developers, this might be the role for you. You must be able to look at the big picture from both business and technology perspective, possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills, and enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, like thinking “outside the box”, and get excited about difficult challenges. You are a strong team player and motivated self-starter who thrives in a startup-like environment where flexibility is essential.
If you have the programming chops, the leadership skills and a passion for video games then this role is for you.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
· 5 years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or PERL
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C++/C# and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Front-End,Android and other mobile development a plus
· Game industry experience a plus
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age