The Alexa Data Services (ADS) organization is engaged in the data processing to support the voice recognition for Alexa, the cloud-based service that powers devices like Amazon Echo, Echo Show, Echo Plus, Echo Spot, Echo Dot, and more. The Alexa service is always getting smarter, both for features, and for natural language understanding and accuracy. Because Alexa’s brains are in the AWS cloud, she continually learns and adds more functionality, every hour, every day.
Come build the future of the voice-recognition for Alexa with us.
The Knowledge Management team is responsible for driving high quality training content for ADS data associates located across the globe. This includes creating engaging process and tool content, including instructor led training, eLearning and self-paced learning, blended learning, virtual classroom design, building tool kits and study guides, and performance support aids for all ADS global sites.
Are you passionate about the customer experience? Do you like to create high impact training curriculum? Alexa Data Services (ADS) is looking for innovative learning professionals to design engaging training curriculum for our frontline data associates.
As a Sr. Instructional Designer, you will create and continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that inspire learners and drive productivity and accuracy.
In this role, you will:
· Work with program managers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other key stakeholders to identify content areas for course development and course standardization, design overall program model and define deliverables against required timelines
· Conduct stakeholder and SME interviews to determine, recommend and document project instructional standards, learner engagement strategies and evaluation plan
· Lead end-to-end ownership of curriculum development for eLearning content
· Design and develop course content, included but not limited to, measurable learning objectives, scenarios, simulations, progress checks, performance evaluations, reference glossaries, and knowledge assessments
· Design and develop appropriate testing and assessments
· Utilize ADDIE, SAM, Kirkpatrick and other recognized models to rapidly design, develop and publish engaging course content and learning activities for ILT, online and virtual modalities with continuous evaluation/improvement cycles for the course content
· Revise and rewrite course content based on data illustrating ROI or efficacy of training modules
· Upload, test and maintain content to an LMS
· Manage, coach and mentor less experienced staff and lead them in delivering learning material
· Review tooling and training deliverables being created
· Lead efforts for continuous improvement of instructional design and training processes
· May manage contractors on larger projects
· International travel may be required up to 10%
· Relevant experience in an instructional design role
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Program and project management with organizational skills to manage multiple, complex initiatives at a time
· Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials in all modalities, including ILT, e-learning, video
· Experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees
· Experience successful managing a team of instructional designers and supporting their success and growth
· Experience explaining complex topics to a novice audience
· Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Vyond, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash
· Experience with coordination and organization for global initiatives
· Demonstrated use of multiple learning methods and linking appropriate methods with learners and outcomes
· Demonstrated adult learning implementation and experience driving performance through impactful training
· Demonstrated proficiency in assessing training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders
· A work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory will be required as part of the hiring process
· Experience with internationalization and localization
· Experience in instructional design within related field (big data, speech and language data, etc.) a plus
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Education Technology, or similar field
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate
· Experience creating technical/tool training for systems-based learning
· Fluency (verbal and written) in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Japanese
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.