The Prime Video Marketing (PVM) Team is looking for a detail-oriented and goal-focused Operations Manager that will be responsible for managing day to day production efforts for various PVM product and business initiatives executed in SJO. This position will focus on monitoring production, executing high-quality work, and developing efficient workflow processes for the production team, as we continue to grow the team and expand our capabilities and skills.
As an Operations Manager, the focus will be on setting and managing key project milestones on creative deliverables, in support of Prime Video Marketing initiatives. The candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of digital production with an expertise in volume management and operational efficiency. Additionally, this candidate will be able to forecast workload and resources needed, while working closely with design leads and digital producers to coordinate and support production needs in creating and executing asset production to achieve and exceed quality goals.
To be successful in this role, this candidate should seamlessly flex between managing a team of designers, multiple projects, owning schedules, outlining key milestones, and ensure proper and timely trafficking of deliverables while constantly improving SLA’s. A strong understanding of creative teams and processes will be crucial, and experience in a range of design mediums will be key. The candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, implementing processes and interfacing with internal teams and external stakeholders. This role requires excellent program management capabilities, strategic thinking and problem solving, and strong communication skills including writing abilities.
The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter with a strong bias for action and the ability to work with cross-functional teams, both onsite and overseas, and provide guidance for fast-paced, high-volume projects. Additionally, this candidate demonstrates success in managing creative teams, identifying and solving for competing priorities, and analyze timelines to streamline deliverables, as well as a track record of on-time delivery of projects, and the ability to operate independently and autonomously.
· Provide project/program management and guidance to teams, across various Prime Video Marketing projects and initiatives.
· Design, Develop and Implement strategic processes that drive best practices towards the continual improvement of the organization’s capabilities and influence others to consistently raise the bar on efficient productivity across global teams.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, while anticipating and making tradeoffs to balance business needs against creative constraints.
· Develop and manage timelines, resources and budgets.
· Coordinate with cross-functional teams, and communicate/collaborate effectively to achieve stated goals.
· Develop, monitor, and adjust KPI’s to ensure current SLA’s are met and exceeded.
· Manage team resources and onsite services to attain quality, cost-effective work.
· Create and manage productivity reports, and communicate progress across project teams and stakeholders.
· Ensure executional teams keep informed of design and production technologies, tools, and best practices, digital publishing processes and practices, and resource sourcing options and costs. And apply best practices towards team development.
· Work effectively with stakeholder teams to define projects, secure estimates, negotiate resourcing, and obtain results to meet milestone dates.
· Communicate and coordinate effectively within division, departments, and cross-functional project teams and with manager to ensure alignment and collaboration.
· 5+ years of experience in design/creative production environments.
· 5+ years of experience as a project manager/producer in a creative agency or similar experience (liaison for executional teams).
· Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Communications or related field experience.
· Minimum 3 years of experience managing, tracking and communicating results in support of business line goals.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Basic knowledge of Adobe design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
· Demonstrable knowledge and proficiency with project management & reporting tools.
· Knowledge of video and/or photo post-production workflow and timelines. Experience in print production, digital production and experiential design.
· Able to navigate somewhat ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers, and know when to escalate to keep the project moving forward.
· Thorough knowledge of multiplatform publishing processes and technologies, digital design practices and software, and production technologies and processes.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
· Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with creative team members, design leads and senior leadership.
· Proven track record of owning projects from start to finish and delivering successful results.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Demonstrated experience in training and developing teams.
· Experienced writing business cases geared to senior leadership.