Amazon Turkey is seeking a self-motivated and creative individual as the Head of Communication, Turkey, supporting both Corporate and Consumer communications. The Head of Communications will be reporting to the Senior PR Manager Expansion PR, and lead proactive campaigns across Amazon.com.tr stores such as Books, Consumer Electronics, Sports, Outdoor, Tools, Toys, Home Improvement, and Baby, as well as future product and feature launches. The successful candidate should have demonstrated expertise in media relations, social media and influencer relations, leadership experience, as well as an entrepreneurial and goal-oriented approach. They should also have experience in corporate reputation, as well as crisis and issues management. He/she should be a strategic thinker and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
Key responsibilities include:
· Oversee and manage all strategic PR plans for core retail areas covering, consumer campaigns, news generation and product placement including categories such as: Consumables (food, health and beauty), Home & Design, Private Brands.
· Manage our key retail events building cross category campaigns
· Support strategic launches around new shopping innovations
· Manage corporate reputation and crisis and issues
· Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
· Act as a business partner to Amazon retail category leadership teams across key areas
· Write strategic plans, messaging and press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets
· Build excellent relationships with key media
· Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams to drive successful program launches
· Deliver strategic communications counsel to internal executives on both short and long term challenges and opportunities
· Effectively represent Amazon as spokesperson
· Manage reactive media inquiries
· Work closely with the European and global Consumer PR Teams.
· Is a Corporate and Consumer PR expert - a demonstrated feel for what works for a brand and a strong contact book
· Is strategic and creative - ensures that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages while being fun and thinking big
· Is tactically aware - knowledgeable about what’s going on in the media and on the site and able to marry the two at short notice for maximum PR benefit
· Is proactive in the extreme - enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen
· Is organised - able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while managing essential admin work
· Acts as a leader - able to inspire agencies to deliver and demonstrate responsibility for PR to senior managers
· Is adaptable - able to work in a corporate environment
· Is a team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
· Has a strong bias for action and high standards
For this position, we expect:
· Minimum of 10 years of public relations experience
· Have excellent written and oral communications skills
· Expertise in consumer and retail PR initiatives
· University degree required
Further qualifications would be a plus:
· Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
· Innovates and comes up with new, peculiar and effective ideas
· Thinks big and long-term
· Is highly analytical and structured; pays extreme attention to details
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others and earn their trust through building coalitions and delivering results
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, gender identification, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.