Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager to join its Direct Tax Reporting team in Bratislava, SK supporting the Worldwide CapEx team. The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. The mission of the Worldwide CapEx team is to timely, accurately, and efficiently report the income tax impact of global CapEx for tax reporting and planning needs.
This position’s responsibilities include analyzing CapEx-related transactions and calculating tax adjustments for multiple jurisdictions. Examples of relevant transactions include: operating and capital leases; depreciation of fixed assets; amortization of intangibles; and cost recovery of digital content.
A successful candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills; a strong attention to detail; and the ability to employ technology tools to streamline large amounts of data for tax reporting. S/he can also prioritize multiple tasks with teammates around the globe in a deadline-driven, dynamic environment, and will be self-motivated to build cross functional process improvements.
· Manage and review reporting of CapEx related foreign country tax adjustments for global subsidiaries
· Manage and review forecasting of current and future depreciation expense for local foreign tax planning
· Complete the annual deferred tax rollforward for each jurisdiction with book to tax differences
· Research and document appropriate tax accounting methods as they relate to new CapEx-related business initiatives and transactions
· Research and communicate changes in current and future legislation related to local foreign CapEx
· Assist with local foreign tax controversy, including gathering of support and development of communications
· Identify, implement, and manage process improvements which increase efficiency and scalability of data
· Manage vendor/contractor relationships and Manage billing and budgeting related to local foreign CapEx projects
· Identify and manage special projects by working with international teams
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 3891 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited institution
· 8+ years of income taxation experience, specifically in public accounting or large multinational corporate tax departments
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Proven project management experience in a fast-paced environment. Self-starter; must have strong desire to help improve processes for scalability, efficiency, and accuracy
· Excellent computer skills, specifically with managing large data sets within MS Excel or Access
· Experience working with US-based team members specifically within income tax operations, such as preparation of income tax compliance for a US multinational subsidiary in a non-US jurisdiction
· Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, or Enrolled Agent certification
· Tax compliance and reporting experience in multiple tax jurisdictions in EMEA or other
· Background in fixed assets or intangibles and is comfortable in manipulating large data sets with complex cost recovery rules
· Experience with Corptax tax return and provision preparation or equivalent software
· Experience with Oracle Fixed Assets, BNA Fixed Assets, or equivalent software
· Experience with VBA, Python, SQL, or other database language
· Strong proficiency with accounting principles, processes, and entries