The AWS Digital User Engagement team delivers innovative services that address the messaging, targeting and engagement needs of our customers. Current services include Amazon Pinpoint, AWS SNS Global SMS, AWS SNS Mobile Push, and AWS Simple Email Service that together deliver billions of emails, push notifications and text messages around the world every day. We seek to empower and enlighten our customers towards building better relationships with their own customers by delivering highly reliable, scalable and secure communication services along with powerful targeting and analytic services by taking advantage of the cloud’s unique capabilities along with Amazons rich experience in this space.
As a Senior Product Manager on the team, you own strategy, business and execution within our service portfolio. You will listen to and represent customers – from leading-edge enterprises to high-growth startups - in order to deliver a best-in-class set of global services and features that enable all customers to simply and build powerful on-going and profitable relationships with their own users. You will be hands-on with your engineering teams based in Seattle and Europe, and work closely with senior leadership as well as both internal and external partners.
You will be part of the leadership team that innovates and builds their businesses across multiple AWS organizations, including Serverless, IoT, Mobile, and AR/VR. You will play a critical role in building the engineering and operational roadmap, deliver well written proposals for executive review both personally and through your team, all in order to influence our long-term technical and business strategy.
To be successful in this role you will need an established background in building and leading web-scale software services, a proven understanding in customer engagement and building strong relationships with customers and partners to deliver mutual benefits. Strong team building and mentorship skills are essential.
This position represents a rare opportunity to drive industry-leading engineering efforts at the highest levels of scalability, reliability and operational excellence, positively impacting millions of people around the world.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be passionate about security and the large opportunity that AWS presents
· Have experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast
· Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
· Be a strong leader who can prioritize well, and who understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, opinionated team
· Have a strong track record of achieving the balance between innovation and strong customer and quality focus
For more information on AWS Messaging & Targeting services, see https://aws.amazon.com/pinpoint/, https://aws.amazon.com/ses/ and https://aws.amazon.com/sns/
From a business and technical perspective, this leader will:
· Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
· Have experience in the product planning and design of a strategic enterprise security service or product
· Bachelors degree computer science or related discipline and a Masters of Business Administration preferred.
Professional traits of Amazon leaders:
· Exhibit excellent judgment
· Have relentlessly high standards
· Dive deep into the details of the business
· Have passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Deliver results
· Think big
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.