Amazon is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic candidate to join the fast paced world of European Financial Operations in Bratislava. We’re not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by working on and initiating projects in a fast-paced environment and ultimately delivering results.
It is critical to Amazon’s on-going success that we provide the highest service to our employees. If you are motivated to dive into the detail and take ownership, we have the career you’re looking for!
Our Financial Operations team is now looking for a proactive, customer and people oriented Finance Team Leader.
The main responsibility of a successful candidate will be to manage our operations (debit balance) across EU reporting to local AR manager but cooperating with a broad management team across the globe.
People Management responsibilities:
Leading and developing a team of financial analysts, including hiring, training, and employee development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; managing annual performance targets; creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics. This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving complex outstanding issues with internal and external business partners.
Project Management responsibilities:
Solving complex customer/vendor issues and proactively heading off negative service trends. Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures. Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals. Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve vendor promise expectations
Are you curious to know what your potential colleagues like about their job? We have their answers:
“The atmosphere in our team is great, so work and fun is closely connected.”
“It is great to work in such friendly multicultural environment and have the opportunity not only to help the Vendors with their accounting issues on a daily basis, but also to improve our general accounting knowledge as well as the language and communication skills.”
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 1725 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· People management experience is a must
· 2+ years of experience in managing an Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable/ team, in a fast-paced, high-pressured environment
· Fluent in English is required
· Fluent in German is required
· Proven track record of managing people (5+)
· Sound knowledge of accounts receivables regulations and procedures
· A strong passion for hiring and developing people
· Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
· Experience with dealing in international markets
· Proficiency using Excel
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to work independently in an organized manner with strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong customer service and communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and concisely and present numerical data effectively
· A curiosity on how the various teams work together
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to communicate with Senior Management regarding all aspects of assigned projects; identify and report operational issues
· Ability to recommend guidelines for payment arrangements and approve any changes to these guidelines
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Advanced MS Office, especially MS Excel knowledge
· SQL knowledge is of advantage
· Proven track record from operations, financial background
· Excellent interpersonal and executive presence skills, including a proven ability to develop and maintain relationships both inside and outside the organization
· Self-organized and motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to achieve objectives