Every day, hundreds of thousands of diverse Amazonians all over the world come to work and obsess over our customers. People Tech is the engine that powers that customer obsession. We work backwards from the customer to enable Amazonians to find their passion, while building and growing their careers. We are lucky to see our end users every day, and experience the lives we touch.
Our team builds the technology behind decisions with real human impact. How can machine learning help candidates who will thrive at Amazon find the right role? How can we effortlessly onboard and schedule attendance for hundreds of thousands of associates a day? How do we enable Amazon to innovate, scale and push the boundaries of what is possible?
Building inventive technology for this diverse range of customers isn’t easy. As Amazon continues to expand beyond the traditional capabilities of human resources our technology must match it — and see around corners for new possibilities. We are solving hard problems in identity, authentication, recruiting, talent, growth, UX, scalability, and diversity.
This remote opportunity further exemplifies Amazon's customer obsession by starting with one of our biggest customer groups, our employees. Innovative team environments bridges the gap between employees working from an environment of their choice while maintaining team connection and career growth. We are building an organization that works for all employees. Come build the future of People technology with us.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience working remotely or with a remote manager/team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
· Experience working with Agile engineering practices