This position is in the Outposts Infrastructure team. We are looking for a Principal-level Technical Program Manager, who is a hands-on person skilled in working with software, hardware, networking, and supply chain teams across several groups and geographic regions. The successful candidate will be an innovative, self-starter leader, who is passionate about providing the best possible customer experience and obsessed with data driven decisions. Setting high standards and driving them until we meet and exceed our customers’ expectations is essential for this position.
You will be part of a cross functional team that is growing, fast-paced, and fun with over one hundred people from many groups working on the program at any point in time. Most importantly, you will have ownership of and responsibility for delivering solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. We need an individual, who is ready for this challenge and who wants to reach beyond what is possible today.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
· 10+ years of project/program management experience
· 5+ years of experience in managing software, hardware, or operational programs
· Knowledge in Supply Chain, logistics, hardware design and/or datacenter architecture
· Excellent cross-organizational verbal and written communication skills to provide status and manage expectations
· Experience in delivering products in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed and often ambiguous environment
· Experience working in cross functional groups including customers/users, software, supply chain, Hardware, Networking, logistics, design, test, and reliability
· Ability to prioritize, make tradeoffs, and clearly present them to the leadership team
· Technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge statements and assumptions working with respective product and technology owners
· Ability to drive projects with many cross-dependencies between independent teams and deliver results that are coherent and broadly supported
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age