Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Amazon Games businesses. You will counsel the Amazon Games businesses on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day product advice, advising on marketing and privacy compliance, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated media, technology, distribution, licensing, marketing and other commercial agreements and providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media, software development, cloud services, esports events, leagues and contests, and regulatory compliance. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth’s Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar is required
· 5+ years of legal experience as a transactional legal counsel, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions
· 3+ years experience in a national or international law firm is required
· Experience with video game industry and regulations, including content ratings, data privacy and consumer protection
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Interest in PC and online computer games
· Fluency in one or more non-English languages is a plus
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age