Have you ever wondered what it takes to power the world's largest e-Commerce catalog? At Amazon, literally, the whole world is our customer and this means our catalog is truly global with a goal to know about every product available for sale in the world.
The catalog relationships programs within Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) span the entire stack between providers and end customers. We are responsible for building infrastructure used by providers to submit product relationship information to Amazon, as well as systems that automatically infer relationships based on item data. We define standards and tenets for relationships between items in the catalog and drive improvements in the seller and shopping experience through catalog relationships.
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to join our team in NYC. We’re passionate about great experiences for both sellers and consumers powered by catalog relationships.
If you seek the challenge of ownership of foundational technology, the output of which is consumed by the world’s largest e-commerce sites, then driving new capabilities for relationships in the Amazon catalog may be the perfect opportunity for you.
· Understand business and functional needs of sellers and shoppers and how catalog relationships support those needs.
· Drive the evolution of the amazon selling and shopping experience using catalog relationships in ways that surprise and delight customers.
· Develop the capabilities for measuring and improving the effectiveness and accuracy of catalog relationships.
· Think big in defining define strategy for future use cases of catalog relationships.
· Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control.
· Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Thinks Big
· Exhibits Excellent Judgement
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Strong Results Orientation
A successful candidate will have:
· An established track record of defining and delivering impactful products, a keen technical aptitude, excellent project management skills, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to prioritize among many competing initiatives, and to back up and communicate your prioritization decisions.
· MBA preferred plus 5+ yrs. relevant experience.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical architecture and design topics.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects in parallel.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential. This position requires clear, organized, and concise communication with an ability to adapt to communication to the appropriate audience.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
· Excellent judgement and proven ability to influence others with analytical skills are critical to success within this position.
· Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Capacity to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to unusual or difficult situations or problems.
· Support and engagement experience with international technology and business teams.
· Support and operational experience in a 24/7/365 E-Commerce environment.
· Machine Learning/Big Data experience