The Staff Accountant responsibilities include month end closing activities for multiple payable ledgers and ensure proper review of outstanding amounts due to Amazon, preparation of monthly/quarterly/annually reconciliations and balance sheet analysis. This position will support the Management in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures and policies. On the audit front, Staff accountant will manage department’s response to internal and external audit requirements and will also ensure compliance with Sox requirements for all geographies/activities handled by Shared Services. This position will also play an important role in promoting systems/process development within department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements. The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Must be a qualified CPA equivalent, with 4+ or more years of experience.
· Experience in internal & external audits.
· Prior experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable or procurement a strong plus.
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
· Zeal towards Operational Excellence/Process improvement & simplifications.
· Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting.
· PC literate with advanced Excel skills.
· Flexible, adaptable, and well-organized.
· Proactive behavior.
· Strong team skills.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and highly energetic.
· CPA equivalent, with 4+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on various Sub-ledgers / Accounting Knowledge / Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities.
· Experience using Oracle Financial Applications, including Payables and Receivables.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma defect reduction techniques such as Lean.