At the AWS Relational Database Service (RDS), we manage one of the largest fleets of relational databases on Earth, and are always working to be better at it. The RDS Operational Engineering team owns the charter to scale, automate and operationalize RDS, and we are heavily investing in automating, refactoring and holding a high bar for operational excellence through better software.
Are you a software engineer who is in your element building, owning and operating massively scalable systems? Do you like working on the sort of complex challenges that distributed systems bring? Developers at Amazon RDS work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
The RDS Operational Engineering is a team of Software Engineers and Systems Developers who are passionate about building scalable and elegant automation to solve real world problems, and to be effective at scales that rarely exist outside of Amazon. If you want to come and learn/play at scales that you might not find anywhere else, come have chat to us.
· 6+ years industry experience in a Software Engineering role.
· Proficient in software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms.
· Highly proficient in Java, Ruby and/or Python.
· Hands on technical experience with open-source technologies such as Apache or Hadoop.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or a related Science and Engineering discipline.
· Experience working in start-up mode building new products and services from the ground up.
· RDBMS experience would be helpful, but not essential.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Good written English (Amazon is a doc writing culture).
· Knowledge of OS or Database internals.
· Firm grasp of networking fundamentals.
· Firm grasp of Linux OS fundamentals.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation