Sr. Innovation and Design Engineer
Amazon has created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of drones for package delivery, Amazon has consistently driven change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is now searching for a handful of innovative and solutions oriented engineers to be a part of our global initiative of developing and delivering next generation of world-class fulfillment and transportation systems. If the idea of using ground-breaking technologies to develop intermodal logistics systems on an unprecedented scale has your attention, then keep reading.
As a Senior Innovation and Design Engineer for Air Operations, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design and development of physical distribution systems around the globe. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Come help us make history.
· Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to complex material flow/transformation and human/machine efficiency problems throughout the global Amazon supply chain.
· Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
· Collaboration with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Provide technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering (any discipline) or a related field.
· 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related.
· Experience must involve management of engineering design projects.
· Experience designing solutions for large, high-volume sortation operations
· Experience designing material handling equipment that interfaces with aircraft
· Strong experience using business/technical software such as MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software.
· Ability to travel 20% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders.
· Masters degree in Engineering (any discipline), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty.
· Experience with complex automated material handling equipment and high-speed manufacturing.
· Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
· Experience with Small Package express carriers in a process design or operational capacity
· Air Gateway operations experience
· Automated controls experience
· Capital project management skills.
· Modeling/Simulation experience for large scale, high-volume distribution centers
· Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making.
· Design-in-Safety experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.