Amazon’s mission is to be ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’, and our award-winning Customer Service (CS) team is an essential part of that mission. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly identify and drive solutions to improve our Customer’s experience on Amazon.com. We do this every day by solving complex business and technical problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is, we’ve only just begun.
Does the thought of driving people, processes, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize Customer Experience end to end excite you? We are looking for an inspirational leader to help envision, scope, design and lead a best-in-class Customer Insights function that drives an unparalleled customer experience. You are an expert researcher, and a passionate manager. You love developing people’s careers and navigating a team through success and failures. You have strong executive presence, and can guide business teams to incorporate industry trends and customer insights into long-term thinking. You’re comfortable discussing methodologies with your team, and are equally comfortable discussing program road maps with executive leaders. You thrive on creating metrics, prioritization rubrics, and business impact for research.
The Customer Insights Program Manager is a senior level role, and will be a critical member of the Customer Service team. Their work will help to shape seamless end-to-end customer experiences by eliminating current pain points, and establishing new ‘wow’ experiences – all to surprise and delight customers. They will collaborate with key partners to develop and deliver world-class delivery-related products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in the Customer Insights domain, have a proven track record of using Customer Insights to drive customer-facing business change, and possess the ability to communicate the value of their research in both written and verbal mediums. They are customer-centric, have a sound understanding of Customer Experience Management, and a proven track record of driving product roadmaps.
· Lead a small team of Program Managers working to take action on Customer Experience improvement opportunities.
· Develop a best in class, multi-phased Customer Insights strategy for the organization that supports a continuous cycle of listening, interpreting, monitoring, and action. Help to create a framework for prioritizing actions.
· Define market requirements and synthesize customer input. Conduct market research to understand key industry trends, differences across geographic regions, user and buyer personas, or competitive activities
· Implement new data collection and analysis methodologies
· Ensure that customer insights are disseminated and deeply understood
· Develop strong relationships with key cross-functional partners, and determine role based Customer Insight needs.
· Evangelize, educate, and raise awareness of Customer Insights across the organization.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field
· 5+ yrs. work experience focusing on customer experience, advocacy, customer insights/analytics
· Data gathering and analysis skills, including ability to interpret, articulate and take action on ambiguous/complex topics
· Knowledge of how to use market intelligence and competitive landscape information
· Interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and partnerships with key stakeholders
· Experience working with senior managers and executives
· Ability to manage multiple timelines and commitments
· MBA or Advanced Degree
· Experience in Last Mile Delivery or Customer Service (CS) field
· Experience in text analytics or unstructured data mining
· Possess sound business judgment
· Experience with LEAN and/or Six Sigma methodologies
· Able to perform statistical modeling and make predications based on findings
· Market or Primary research experience
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.