Join Amazon's HR team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! We are currently looking for a DLS Communications & Compliance Specialist to ensure our teams and our fellow Amazonians are kept informed and have access to the best content possible as they navigate various Disability, Leave and Accommodation related services.
The Specialist will own the creation and ongoing maintenance of certain HR letters and other important internal communications for Amazon employees related to specific benefits or policies. This individual will be an integral team member working with our legal, compliance, business operations, program management and external consultant teams to manage complex communications associated to DLS services and changes to policies or laws.
The Disability and Leave Services (DLS) organization is growing rapidly and will require someone who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment. The Communications & Compliance Specialist will need to have superb writing skills, be comfortable researching regulatory obligations, excel at prioritizing their workload, have strong attention to detail, and be able to quickly earn trust across various stakeholders.
As the Communications & Compliance Specialist you will:
· Be responsible for the creation & maintenance of certain HR letters used to inform employees of specific benefits, policies and processes.
· Partner with compliance and legal stakeholders to create documentation or notifications that meet regulatory obligations.
· Be responsible for the creation & maintenance of certain internal HR notifications and DLS content.
· Consult with policy, process, and system owners to ensure content is up to date and accurate.
· Develop a standardized, recurring process to review and update communications.
· Translate complex business concepts into clear, concise and appealing content.
· Understand the what, when, why, and how, including benefits of projects and changes within the organization.
· Ensure your assigned content and communications are delivered to various teams or groups in a timely manner using internal tools as the vehicle for delivery.
· Partner closely with the internal Employee Services content team to ensure content publishing parameters are met and maintained.
· Work independently in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
· Meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, and maintain a strong attention to detail to meet organizational objectives and quality measures.
· A BA in Legal Studies, PR, Journalism, Communications or equivalent
· 5+ years in a communications, HR and/or compliance related role
· 2+ years implementing, and/or drafting communications related to, HR policy and/or benefits
· Experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
· Experience in administering ERISA-governed plans and communications
· Experience in legal letter creation and maintenance
· HR communications experience
· Experience communicating to a diverse, global audience
· An enthusiasm for networking across all levels of the organization, across geographies and partner content and communications teams
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Ability to draft strategic communications using items such as a stakeholder analysis and change impact analysis as a foundation
· Unparalleled customer obsession
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.