Do you want to work on exciting, cutting edge legal issues and help shape the face of Amazon’s newest products and services? Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented privacy and regulatory attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Consumer Devices business. You will be responsible for counseling the business on development of consumer devices and services. You will work directly with the business, providing day-to-day advice on privacy, security, accessibility, marketing, and other product compliance matters. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to create and implement internal legal and business-facing tools, guidelines, and training.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. A background in privacy, marketing, or consumer product regulatory work is not required but is extremely helpful.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar.
· At least two years of legal practice at a national or equivalent law firm
· A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Experience with process control and improvement mechanisms, including simplification efforts
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, clients and workstreams at once and follow through and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong client-service and customer orientation
· Team player with common sense and a good sense of humor who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys, legal professionals and business clients at all levels
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age