The Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Supply Chain team is responsible for building the next generation supply chain for Amazon’s world-class ultra-fast customer experiences, including Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Go, Treasure Truck, Amazon Business, Whole Foods and other soon-to-launch exciting new businesses. Online grocery and ultra-fast delivery is growing at an exponential rate and with planned expansion and marketing initiatives, we expect volume to grow several orders of magnitude this year and in the future. Come be a part of a 100+ Fulfillment Center and Distribution Center network across North America, Europe and APAC – serving highly engaged customers in as fast as 60 minutes! This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in groundbreaking initiatives to solve challenging and interesting problems as we build the first ever distribution network and supply chain capabilities tailored to grocery and ultra-fast customer offerings.
The GSF Supply Chain team is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager with a strong delivery record and senior leadership experience to own and manage strategic, cross-functional operations and technology projects. This high-visibility role will require working with business, operations, and tech teams across the company and around the world to prioritize projects which support both new products/programs and existing operations and supply chain systems.
· Driving global standardization of fulfillment practices, businesses processes, and reporting with fulfillment center, retail, finance, engineering, and supply chain stakeholders
· Forming cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders
· Innovating for step-change improvement in instock, quality, and cost metrics
· Partnering with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
· High attention to details simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Demonstrated ability to lead teams
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
· 2+ years’ experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
· 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables.
· 3+ years’ experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
· 3+ years of experience in retail or supply chain functions in a major consumer goods company
· MBA and work experience in technical field is highly desired
· Prior experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of , Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
· Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation