Are you looking to join a team that is among the fastest growing organizations at Amazon? Does wearing multiple hats and working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment sound like a good fit? Then consider joining the FBA team.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a dynamic and growing multi-billion dollar business that enables Sellers to leverage all of the physical capabilities of Amazon - transportation, storage, pick & pack, and customer service. From the Seller’s point of view, FBA provides a way to take advantage of Amazon’s scale to build and grow their ecommerce business. Basically, send your stuff to us and we’ll sell and ship for you (plus take care customer service) with the same high level of standards that Amazon customers expect.
We are continuously building and inventing systems that enable Sellers to grow their business faster. From a technology point of view, FBA creates many challenges of scale and complexity that result from being the intersection between software and the physical world. Our large distributed systems are composed of several dozen different services. For example, we own systems that enable Sellers to create inbound shipments, integrate with carriers like UPS to provide shipping discounts, perform complex optimizations to determine inventory placement, and use predictive techniques like Machine Learning to estimate when a shipment will arrive. In addition to backend systems, FBA also owns a diverse set of Seller-facing Web UIs that are continually enhanced, including new Mobile versions. To support our level of scale and rate of growth, we need an experienced and passionate Quality Assurance Engineer who will relentlessly drive to improve both the quality of our systems and the Seller experience they provide.
As a QA Engineer you will architect, design and build test plans and automation to push our seller systems to their limits and beyond. What you build will have huge impact on millions of Amazon customers.
Key responsibilities include
· Create test plans, strategy, test cases and automation to enable both UI, integration and back end testing.
· Work with Engineers/product owners to understand complex customer usage models and develop test plans that approximate real-world environments.
· Drive software development process toward quality-centric methodologies and implement tools/dashboards for automated reporting on quality metrics
· Work closely with the technical leaders to develop the best technical design and approach for testing our functionality at scale.
· Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. You are capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, , , , or Perl
· 2+ years software testing experience including test planning, strategy, test case creation and test automation
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms, and complexity analysis
· Experience with browser test automation using Selenium/Webdriver
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools
· Experience with open source tools and resources
· Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies of complex distributed systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.