Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Be part of Project Kuiper’s sub-team responsible for defining and implementing the digital chip SOCs for communications via Low Earth Orbit satellites and Amazon gateways. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints. The team works with customer requirements and wireless system teams to define modems, high-speed interfaces, embedded processors, and DSP solutions in latest CMOS generation technologies.
In this role you will:
· Implement wireless system architecture in silicon from system specification to chip specification to RTL to optimizing timing / power to chip level validation
· Develop solutions optimizing customer experience (throughput, latency, and availability) while meeting power and cost constraints
· Drive high quality designs for first-time right silicon solutions, and meeting the power objectives
· Create standalone verification test bench to verify the correctness of your block
· Work with the verification team and participate in System level verification using test benches constructed using UVM, System C and DPI-C
· Ensure that the block meets DFT, timing and power targets by working closely with the implementation team
· Learn about requirements and solutions for systems operating in space
· Drive trade-off analysis to benefit customer experience and optimization of resources (costs, power, spectrum)
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience in digital design, preferably in communication systems
· Proven track record where products have gone to volume production
· Hands on experience in low power design techniques
. Master's or Ph.D degree in Electrical / Communications Engineering
· 10+ years of experience in digital design, preferably in communication systems
· Familiarity with UVM and Matlab
· Ability to write assertions and exposure to Formal verification
· Strong written and verbal skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age