Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a creative, self-motivated, high-judgment, well-connected and experienced public relations professional to head up its communications program in Mexico.
The role includes developing all of the fundamental elements of a PR program including messaging, launch process of new AWS services, features, customer reference programs, partnerships and supporting the local AWS business team across Mexico and some other Spanish-speaking Latin American countries. It also includes maximizing positive coverage and awareness locally for the AWS business and the identification and engagement with local customers to tell their success stories to the local media community. The right candidate is a proven leader with extensive media relations and social media experience/relationships, an expert at writing PR materials in both English and Spanish, including news releases and customer success stories, has familiarity handling crisis communications, can exercise high-judgment while acting quickly, as well as the ability to successfully lead launch events.
The Sr PR Manager for AWS, Mexico is a member of the local leadership team and also partners with AWS global PR/AR team and marketing to discuss and develop messaging, communication strategy and plans and is an integral member of Amazon’s communications team. The ideal candidate is motivated by a highly creative and dynamic culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. In this role, the candidate will work with AWS customers who are innovating in their own businesses through the use of technology, helping them to effectively showcase their results so that others can learn from their efforts.
More about Amazon Web Services (AWS):
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in Latin America, and around the world, with customers ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations.
- Drive AWS news/media relations activities locally
- Innovate launch processes that align with a dynamic, pioneering cloud business
- Manage news-related business and feature press opportunities
- Identify and develop customer references for written success stories on the web, use in media relations, video testimonials, and public speaking opportunities
- Align news-related social media activities with marketing
- Develop and successfully manage relationships with key media, technology bloggers, and AWS customers
- Lead PR efforts around local events and manage local PR agency teams
- Train, certify, and develop AWS spokespeople, ensuring that they accurately represent the Amazon culture and AWS technology to the public
- Build and develop the AWS Mexico PR function; including creating local messaging
- Develop, track, and communicate customer reference goals and progress to local sales and marketing teams
This role is based in Mexico and will require periodic travel.
- 6-10+ years of public relations experience
- Network of local media contacts
- Technology PR experience required
- Experience working with customers and developing their stories
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough understanding of the Latin American technology landscape and topics being discussed
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both written and verbal.
-An entrepreneurial spirit, including ability to work independently and autonomously
-Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Creativity and bias for action