PillPack is an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon, acquired in 2018. At Amazon, we are committed to being the most customer-centric company on earth. PillPack Pharmacy is looking for a Senior Program Manager with a strong delivery record and experience to own and manage strategic, cross-functional operations and technology projects to deliver on being the earth’s most customer centric pharmacy. This high-visibility role will require influencing business and software teams across the company to prioritize projects which support both products/programs and existing operations. Our goal is to improve and enhance the PillPack Partner Service operation to ultimately drive the best customer experience in the safest, most reliable and cost-efficient manner.
· Forming cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across the organization.
· Innovating for step-change improvement in customer experience, quality, and cost metrics.
· Benchmarking PillPack’s Pharmacy Service practices both internally and externally against best-in-class operations
· Leading internal product feature launches that optimize PillPack’s Pharmacy Service systems and reduce operational costs.
· Partnering with senior leaders, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence business initiatives.
The candidate will have a talent and passion for building start-up businesses within the company along with a relentless desire to exceed customers’ expectations while optimizing the overall quality and cost models. A strong bias for action, strategic planning skills, quantitative analysis, and the ability to organize and deliver initiatives involving leadership across cross-functional operations, software development, business, and external partners is essential. This position will include regular direct communications with different leaders throughout the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will have a proven record of complex project and program delivery, from conception and design through implementation, measurement, closure and handover.
· Scope and deliver complex, business critical programs end-to-end and drive to shape the overall program’s strategy and roadmap.
· Define business and systems requirements working with internal and external customers.
· Define and execute the project plan from design to release, securing resources, and managing implementation.
· Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes.
· Liaise with all departments to ensure relevant areas are engaged in time to develop deliverables.
· Support partner teams to refine processes and increase efficiency in line with program objectives.
· Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize timelines and deliverables in consultation with stakeholders.
· Communicate with corporate leadership stakeholders to recommend actions and strategy and drive decisions.
· Develop change processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support.
· Track delivery against program launch objectives and implement proposals to improve program services and efficiencies.
· Ideate and drive strategic change across the broader Pharmacy Services teams and Project Managers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Requires a University Degree/MBA in engineering or Business Administration.
· 4+ years of relevant work experience in project/program management and/or operations environment conducting quantitative/qualitative analysis of proposed projects
· PMP Certification.
· Experience in project and program management. Lean Six Sigma knowledge preferred and Kaizen methods.
· Intuitive understanding of immediate program needs and tradeoffs, with ability to quickly assess the situation and identify solutions to improve/fix deliverables based on project milestones.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required, including use of lookups and pivot tables.
· Demonstrated ability to be a big picture thinker, strategist, and long term planner.
· Demonstrated experience and success at leading cross functional programs and proven ability to influence and lead without direct management authority.
· Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Perl, Unix/Linux, Visual Basic or other programming languages are a plus
· Team leader/people management experience.
· Ability to communicate effectively across a multitude of platforms with remote team members, as well as stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization.
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail, and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
· Goal driven and target orientated whilst able to step back and look at the bigger picture. Proven ability to manage ambiguity, and a preparedness to take on what is necessary to get things done.
· Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation.
· Can work effectively and drive change in loosely defined situations.
· Comfortable challenging the status quo and questioning existing practices.
· Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager/owner mentality.
· Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
· Background in healthcare operations.
· Passion to deliver!