The PeopleTech team is reinventing how people become Amazonians. We create HR products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon–from seasoned industry veterans looking for their next adventure to new junior talent looking to make their mark on the world to associates managing their schedules and paychecks at the beating heart of Amazon’s Fulfillment Center network. Our customers are every single Amazon employee, plus those looking to join us–including you!
As the UX Research lead in PeopleTech, you will be responsible for driving the research strategy for the organization and executing it either directly or through product owners. You will work closely with the UX designers, product managers, engineers, and BI analysts to understand the needs of candidates, employees, managers, and HR team members across all of Amazon’s business, worldwide.
You will craft and conduct ethnographic and usability UX research studies, and dive deep into the data to bring forward new insights that drive product innovation. To empower a research-led organization, you will also empower the broader UX and product teams with guidance and tools for self-service research to contribute to your research strategy.
You will advocate for our customers and evangelize your findings to senior executives, stakeholders, and team members. Your most important mission is to ensure that we’re doing what’s right for Amazon employees and prospective employees.
· BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
· 7+ years professional experience in related field.
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
· Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis.
· Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: white papers, case studies, study design documents, reports).
· The ability to understand, analyze, and interpret complex data
· The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations.
· Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
· Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
· Experience in multimodal systems design research.
· A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience and role of user research.