Recruiting Operations provides centralized support for Worldwide Operations Talent Acquisition (WWOps TA). The team centralizes global recruitment coordination, internal transfer, project management, learning and development, assessment and compliance functions. The team’s mission is to provide scalable, frustration free, customer-centric experiences for candidates, business partners and recruiters. We improve the efficiency of the recruiting process to deliver the right talent, in the right place, at the right time, continuously.
The WWOps Assessments team builds, implements and supports solutions that leverage Industrial / Organizational psychology to scale the selection process in a high volume and complex business. These assessments enhance the selection process, while positively impacting the candidate experience through engaging media and rich simulation experiences. The data obtained by Amazon through assessments enables strategic talent sourcing, placement and development.
In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large scale assessment projects for Talent Acquistion across Worldwide Operations. Responsibilities include collecting business requirements from internal customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing assessment content production, quality, launch and monitoring activities. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and external vendors to develop holistic solutions. You will need to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The best candidate will possess a strong program management with Human Resources or Talent Acquisition and have demonstrated experience leading large projects. You must be able to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and handle ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done in a tactical way.
As a Principal PM, you will anticipate bottlenecks and risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. An ideal candidate possesses strong leadership and mentoring skills to help develop the organization and teams to handle future scope growth as we scale the business.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· 8+ years of work experience in program or product management, development, and/or implementation within HR or Talent Acquisition
· Ability to work with specialist research teams and operations communities at all levels of the organization to influence decisions and drive work forward
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Experience leading virtual teams
· Global experience
· Master's degree or advanced technical degree
· Independent and entrepreneurial, showing the ability to work with minimal direction
· Demonstrated experience working closely with research scientists and technical teams from idea generation through implementation.
· Experience working on projects involving software integration
· Experience implementing new products or processes in operations
· The role is ideally based in Nashville OR Seattle based on candidate preference