Amazon’s Disability and Leave (DLS) team in the Employee Services organization is building a best-in-class program offering customized holistic leave experiences during the life-cycle of the leave and/or accommodation event.
The DLS Contact Specialist is highly skilled in interacting with customers in a way that builds trust, engaging with employees with exceptional communication skills and gathering first-contact critical details to build the initial leave and/or accommodation event case. The DLS Contact Specialist will interact with employees to learn and empathize about their situations while building detailed documentation that can define best course of action to process employee’s requests.
The ideal candidate is a product expert who evaluates employee’s requests and makes critical decisions that will lead the entire leave and/or accommodation process. The DLS Contact Specialist uses the information gathered through exhaustive interaction with employees to coordinate a frustration-free transition to case management support providing timeline expectations depending of the type of request made by the employee.
The DLS Contact Specialist has strong critical thinking, fact-find for a complete understanding of employee concerns, align a plan with benefits, identify employee’s issue or concern root cause, make decisions and be able to communicate effectively solutions to the employee. The DLS Contact Specialist will be able to understand and report on the steps of the process causing friction, and work on continuous improvement projects with those teams to drive solutions which improve the employee’s experience. The successful candidate will be an influencer with the ability to assist in process improvement, customer experience and change management for the DLS program.
The successful candidate will have a strong orientation and proven track record of customer obsession, prioritization, follow-through and execution, attention to detail, and communication. Amazon is a fast-paced environment, wherein employees are seeking information and assistance in developing options and an action plan. The role will work closely with established external vendors, community providers and services, and internal partners including Benefits, Recruiting, Payroll, Safety, HR, and managers, while still maintaining employee’s confidential information.
· Build customer trust through empathetic and meaningful initial conversations
· Serve as a first-contact representative to initiate leave and/or accommodation conversation with customers through phone, email and ticketing channels
· Interpret product related content with expertise to translate into customer obsessed decision
· Define customer needs by diving deep into employee’s initial conversations details
· Coordinate frustration-free appointments between employees and case management members
· Reduce waste through exhaust event investigation compiling all key related details to build the employee’s case
· Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees to gather critical details related to employee’s leave and/or accommodation event
· Provide holistic case management services, including reviewing medical documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
· Leverage duration guidelines, best practice tools and Amazon resources to support oversight of a leave event as appropriate
· Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee’s changing needs
· Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after employee’s events
· Communicate with other team members constructively in order to reduce conflict and enhance the resolution of issues.
· Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the accommodation event and ensure the right communication occurs
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree or advanced college education in a related field (Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Industrial Engineering or alike).
· 3+ Years of demonstrated customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
· Proven ability to manage multiple communication channels (phone, email, chat, ticketing, etc.)
· Proven ability to manage queue phone contacts in a fast paced environment.
· Proven ability to adjust to constantly changing workloads.
· Proven ability to think critically.
· Proficient in English, both verbal and written.
· Basic US legislation Leave of Absence and Accommodations knowledge.
· 2 years of Leave and/or Accommodations experience, to include: previous work in a leave of absence and/or disability claim management role, with experience using case management systems, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate leave and/or disability pay benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan.
· Knowledge of US federal and state leave and disability laws
· Experience in providing consultation and guidance on leave of absence, human resources, benefits, or complex employee matters
· Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities.