We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to work on a new initiative with expertise and passion in solving hard engineering problems As a Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools for the new service
· You will be in charge of the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features
· You will operate with globally distributed servers and customers.
· You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers who will help you grow (and also learn things from you).
· You will understand what it takes to grow and operate Amazon business at our scale.
Software Engineer to be based in our China office in Beijing.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years professional experience in software development.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
· Proficiency in one of Java, Go,Python, Perl or another programming language
· Knowledge of CD/CI systems
· Experience working in a Unix based development environment
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Proficiency in Java technologies
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to take and lead a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
· Thorough understanding of Internet protocols
· Experience with service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals.