Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The Amazon device team designs & engineers high profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to millions of movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The ADS team is part of Amazon’s speech platform organization that provides speech recognition capabilities for a variety of Amazon products and searches, most visibly, the Amazon Echo product.
As an SDE you will build world class business process management systems and tooling for ADS teams. They should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. They will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. They will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. They should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. Cross-team coordination, understanding of Agile/Scrum and Creating reliable, scalable, and experience creating high performance products. This position also requires exceptional technical expertise, a great understanding of the Computer Science fundamentals, and experience building large-scale systems.
You will be creating software which will be used immediately in the real world, you will be working with great technologies and people. Starting from feature requirements through design, development and launch of the features, the engineers would be exposed the complete software development life cycle. The scope of work involves a range of activities starting from planning and optimization algorithms, working with platform services for new feature development, workflow management, user interface design, managing tera bytes of data in real-time, the breadth of technical challenges is enormous.
At a minimum, SDEs at Amazon should be able to accomplish/possess the following.
Summary of Responsibilities
· B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/Phd degree in computer science or related fields, or equivalent experience, is required.
· Must be excellent problem solvers.
· Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
· Experience with UI designs a plus.
· Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a linux environment. Good working knowledge of Web Application Development is essential - JSP / Servlets or any web application development.
· Bring 1-3 years of software engineering and product delivery experience, with strong background in algorithms and high performance distributed systems.
· Design and build extremely reliable, scalable and high performing enterprise systems in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
o Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field,
o 1-4 years of software engineering and product delivery experience, with strong background in algorithms and high performance distributed systems.
o Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language
o Experience with Web frameworks and like Django/React.js, jQuery, Require.js
o Experience in SQL or Non-SQL database.
o Experience in designing and building extremely reliable, scalable and high performing enterprise systems in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
o Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
o Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
o Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
o Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
o Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
o Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
o Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with enterprise-wide systems
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred