The Lifecycle Engagement Organization builds customer facing marketing services and leads creative production and brand design, serving leaders worldwide with capabilities to deliver business growth through customer engagement.
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineering manager to lead the highly skilled software engineers responsible for inventing and building a new worldwide customer lifecycle marketing service. You will lead the design, implementation, development and operation of this critical service which bridges the gap between asin driven personalization and fixed marketing. Your team is also responsible for services to automate marketing content creation and presentation, tools to measure marketing effectiveness, and products to support shared family purchasing experience. You will drive the product roadmap and delivery for these services, partnering closely with business and tech leaders across the company in marketing, consumer analytics, personalization, and category and country teams. These systems and experiences will expand LEO’s existing capabilities into a series of products that enable us to rapidly define and refine segment-based marketing programs and shopping experiences by dynamically adjusting content, presentation, and audience based on customer behavior and business results.
In this role, you will take overall responsibility for growing and leading software development teams locating in multiple locations and working on a portfolio of products and programs for lifecycle marketing. You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization. This is one of our most strategic technical areas with a long-term vision and an opportunity to deliver both significant and growing business and technical impact
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The ideal candidate will be a customer-obsessed thinker who can make convincing, information-based arguments grounded in customer needs. With a strong bias for action, this individual will be able to work well with engineering and business teams across the company. This person will have sound judgment and a track record of coaching individuals to success and creating high performing teams.
- BS degree required; Computer Science, Engineering or Math preferred
- 10+ years professional experience in building successful large-scale production software systems
- 5+ years of experience managing multiple software development teams (managing managers)
- Experience in a fast-growing software technology business
- Technical background with demonstrated ability to drive architectural decisions and understand their implications on complexity, cost, and operational flexibility
- Experience with UX and with building API-based services
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic initiatives into detailed operating plans
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to hire, develop and manage a globally distributed, high performing cross-functional team
- Demonstrated history of inventing on behalf of customers
- Consistent track record of building highly performant services which deliver business results