At Amazon, we care deeply about our developer community. Come be part of a team that is building the next generation developer platform for our digital content across Alexa, Twitch, Amazon Appstore, Lumberyard and many more touch points.
Our team is making “developing for Amazon” easy. Our platform creates a seamless unified experience for developers to submit digital content including Alexa skills, Apps for Amazon devices, In-app digital goods, games and plenty more. We are seeking a world-class developer who can think big and loves building cool stuff.
As a software development engineer, you’ll play a critical role in the future of how the development community interfaces with Amazon services across a huge array of devices and touch-points.
Individuals interested in this position should have demonstrated success in building high-performance, reliable software in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. Your code will bring apps/skills/games to millions and millions of consumers. Are you ready?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
· 1+ years of work experience
· Experience in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience in Java or C++
· Experience in Linux
· Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
· Experience building complex applications on distributed systems that have been successfully deployed for a large customer base.
· Experience with Agile Scrum, having served as a Scrum Master and delivered results.
· Application of advanced coding techniques, such as dependency injection
· Proven experience with: writing design documents, leading code reviews, applying SCM, managing builds and managing releases
· Knowledge of important design patterns
· Applying unit testing / TDD to reduce testing cycles and production support load
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, write technical designs, and discuss product strategy
· Experience mentoring and training the engineers on complex technical issues
· Experience in working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
We offer excellent pay and generous stock plans, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with matching, and more. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
We are located in Seattle, WA.
Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.