The AWS Unified Communications Engineering team provides globally scaled, high-quality voice and video communications solutions that support hundreds of thousands of Amazonians around the world. Our services touch every element of the business every day: our corporate offices, our customer service teams, fulfillment centers, a diverse development community, and many more.
We are looking for a systems engineer with a strong foundation in VoIP and Unified Communications. You’ll play a key role in architecting, designing, supporting, and enhancing our AWS-based telecommunications infrastructure. You’ll use and touch a wide range of technologies and systems, including products we’ve built from the ground up as well as commercial software. You’ll help junior engineers develop their skills, and continue to raise the bar and build the future of Amazon.
Who are you?
You have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You have experience in networking and telecommunications. You have experience supporting large-scale systems in an enterprise environment.
You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure.
You’re passionate about success. You obsess over how to help your customers do their job, not their computing environment. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions. You have a passion for designing and building cloud-computing systems for a diverse set of customers.
You’re an Amazonian.
· Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
· 5+ years telecommunications or voice network administration experience
· 5+ years managing large-scale enterprise or carrier hosted VoIP and/or video platforms
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, SIP, and RTP
· Experience with Linux systems administration
· Scripting experience with Perl, Python or another language
· Experience in some or all of the following technologies and protocols: SIP, RTP, IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, T1/E1, Ethernet, firewalls, IT security best practices and videoconferencing
· Experience with Broadworks Cloud PBX / Unified Communications solutions.
· Experience with AWS technologies or similar platforms
· Experience in lab-testing & certification of networking/voice devices
· Experience in Linux systems administration
· Experience working with carriers to provision, install, and operate both voice and data networks
· Experience managing complex technical projects
· Working knowledge of TDM and telecommunications fundamentals
· Working knowledge of H.323
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal and customer service skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age