Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are starting a new innovation team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc. We will work with our networks and issuers to define and lead the payment experience for the industry.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated senior leader in security engineering to lead and grow the security intelligence organization for Amazon Payments. This organization includes both our red team, as well as our detections, threat intelligence, and security operations teams. You will innovate and solve security challenges at a massive scale. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to secure cutting-edge systems. A successful candidate will be a deeply curious individual who brings technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company that has broad business impact. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and start on the FinTech innovation as a security leader.
· 10+ years of professional experience in information security engineering,
· 5+ years of experience as individual contributor either on a red team, or on a blue team,
· 7+ years of experience managing security teams, with increasing scope,
· In-depth understanding of attacks and defense of information systems, including tactics, techniques, and procedures of both attackers and defenders.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
· 10+ years experience leading multiple, interdisciplinary teams, including technical leads, security engineers, and program managers,
· Experience building security detection teams or red teams from scratch,
· Track record of responsibly disclosed vulnerabilities,
· Experience with distributed systems,
· Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in a scripting language
· Master’s Degree in Computer Security or related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.