Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2020! Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. Our interns write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers who help interns on projects that matter to our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap—you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
Come build the future with us!
Note: While the majority of our SDE roles are based in the greater Seattle/Bellevue, WA area, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Austin, TX; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Herndon, VA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2020. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applicants, and appreciate your patience as we review applications for future Amazonians!
· Currently enrolled in Associate’s or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Experience in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
· Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
· Proficient in one or more object-orientated programming languages (Java, C, C++, etc.)
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.