Want to work on the coolest technology while growing your career, in a group that cares about people just as much as products?
Come and join the team building new AWS services that will be set the trend for hybrid infrastructure in AWS by offering AWS-managed relational databases on customers’ premises. Our vision here is to offer capabilities of our battle-tested relational database services to customers’ on premises environments and build innovative hybrid cloud capabilities that bridge the gap between customers’ on premises network and AWS cloud. We will be the first service to foray in this domain and will set a path for other AWS services to follow.
We plan to offer RDS on VMware infrastructure as well as RDS on AWS Outpost. AWS Outposts brings native AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. Customers can use the same APIs, the same tools, the same hardware, and the same functionality across on-premises and the cloud to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. To learn more about our first service, refer to https://aws.amazon.com/rds/vmware/. To learn about AWS Outpost, refer to https://aws.amazon.com/outposts/
You will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional databases services were built and thinking how to build database services that operate seamlessly in on-premises environment and in the cloud.
The ideal candidate have a deep technical knowledge of and hands-on experience with VMware technologies such as ESXi, NSX, and vSAN, a strong understanding software architecture and cloud computing, and a deep understanding of AWS services such as Amazon EC2, VPC, and DirectConnect. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible with both AWS and VMware as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team.
As a trusted customer advocate, you'll need to understand best practices around advanced AWS and VMware solutions. You will build and architect solutions for a broad range of customer use cases such as hybrid architectures, migration and application modernization initiatives. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical and you should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Candidates must have great written and verbal communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to earn the trust AWS customers at any level, from executive to developer. We're looking for builders to help us innovate the future of database services.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training, and support teams to help customers learn and use AWS hybrid-cloud database services such Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) on VMWare and Amazon RDS on Outpost.
· Devise Strategy and engage with Product managers, engineers, solution architects, and Partners
· Provide global thought leadership on hybrid-cloud solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS blogs, Whitepapers, and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
· Serve as a key member of the service and business development team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software, and services on the RDS on VMWare and RDS on Outpost services.
· Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
· Identify key use cases and associated reference architectures for AWS market segments and industry verticals.
· The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects.
· Up to 50% travel required.
This position within Databases team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product, and the business.
For more information on RDS, please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/rds
· 7+ years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
· 5+ years hands-on, technical experience working with VMware technologies.
· Proven experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a proven track record of success.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to executive
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams
· Domain level understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & Networking (Data Center Design, Network Architecture, Network Design, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security, Cloud Consumption)
· Technical degree in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
· Expert level experience with data center networks and network topologies
· Expert software architecture skills and experience building complex software systems
· DevOps experience with AWS and/or VMware technologies
· AWS Solutions Architecture Certification (Associate or Professional)
· VMware professional level certification (VCP, VCIX, VCDX)