Amazon seeks a Payroll Coordinator to apply great customer service skills in a fast paced environment to insure accurate timely results for over 2000 employees. Payroll is processed on a weekly and monthly basis in multiple states and will perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility; prepare a variety of statistical/financial reports; compile data and conduct research, and provide support to the Senior Manager as appropriate. Emphasis will be on detail, problem solving, and auditing.
· Coordinate with HR People Soft updates, as well as disabilities slips
· Review punches for employees worked and none worked time
· Review Income Tax withholding provided by the Payroll outsource.
· Review Social Security reports (CCSS) on a monthly basis
· Review severance/liquidation pay calculations
· Excellent customer service, detailed, strong problem solving and proactive
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
· At least 2 years’ experience in Accounting (especially SS and Income Tax calculations)
· At least 2 years’ experience in Payroll
· Experience with payroll processing of Costa Rica or other LATAM countries
· Strong analytical and solving problems skills, proactive with attention to detail and excellent customer service, working well under pressure and quick learner.
· Microsoft Office Advance Skills is required (Pivot Tables, advance formulas, Access Data Bases)
· 95% English proficiency
· Strong written English and Spanish skills
· At least 4 years’ experience in Accounting (especially SS and Income Tax calculations)
· At least 4 years’ experience in Payroll
· Experience preparing Costa Rica Payroll Reports based on rules and regulations required by law
· Desirable working experience with payroll software (PeopleSoft, Sharepoint, & Time and Attendance System).