Echo Frames is Amazon's first prescription-ready smart glasses. The vision of the product is to allow our customers to bring the magic of Alexa on-the-go, to get more done and be more present. The team is focused on bringing technology and design into a form that is familiar to millions of glasses wearers, in a way that has never been done by any other company before. If you are excited about pushing the envelope and developing brand new experiences for consumers, we would love to meet you.
As a Senior Audio DSP Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team and collaborate with cross-functional teams developing exciting and innovative products for consumers. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment.
You will work in designing and improving audio DSP algorithms and participate in integrating them into an emerging product. You will join a highly talented team of audio, electrical and software engineers developing this product. This position may require some travel both domestic and international.
· Master's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent required
· 5+ years of DSP algorithm development experience
· 1 + years of demonstrated experience implementing signal processing algorithms on low-power embedded systems
· Ph.D. degree preferred
· Experience with common scripting language (Matlab, Python, etc)
· Fixed point C and embedded SW development experience
· Hands-on experience with one or more architectures such as TenSilica, CEVA, Kalimba, ARC or other audio DSP cores
· Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments
· Familiarity with common audio processing blocks such as AEC, DRC, Noise suppression, EQ and ANC
· Understanding of acoustics design for a mobile device
· Familiarity with audio processing signal chain and characteristics of acoustic transducers such as microspeakers and microphones
· Familiarity with audio system performance measurements and tuning
· Understand audio codecs and audio post-processing tools such as Audacity or Adobe Audition
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.