Amazon is searching for passionate, talented, and inventive scientists currently enrolled in Master's or Doctoral degrees and looking to launch their careers with an industry leader in ASR and NLU. Do you have a strong machine learning background and want to help build new Speech and Language technology? Our mission is to push the boundaries in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Speech and Language Scientist, your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You would work independently and as a team member, side-by-side with world experts in speech and language, to solve challenging ground breaking research problems, on production scale data.
We are hiring in all areas of spoken language understanding: ASR, NLP, NLU, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management. Amazon has multiple positions available for Speech Scientists across North America we are currently hiring in Seattle, Palo Alto, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, and Cupertino.
A few of the teams that are hiring currently include:
· Alexa ML
· Alexa Brain
· Amazon AI (AWS AI)
· CS Technology
· Enrolled in Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, and/or machine learning.
· Theory and practice of Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of results.
· An understanding of machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity.
· Technical skills in Java, C++, SQL, R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting and programming language.
· Enrolled in Ph.D.
· Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science.
· Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
· Algorithm development experience
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
· Familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies.
· Familiar with theory and practice of information retrieval, relevance, machine learning, and data mining.
· Skilled at data visualization and presentation.
· Critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
· Solve business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms.
· Experience submitting products to production.
· Experience formulating, testing, discarding, or revising many hypotheses.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation