Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we’re creating compelling games like New World and our recently announced The Lord of the Rings MMO. New World is a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent during the 17th Century. Players take on the role of settlers, crafting gear they need to survive in a lawless and haunted land. As they gain strength and coordination, they battle to explore, claim and conquer a savage wilderness alongside hordes of other players seeking to do the same.
As a leader on our New World team, you will dive deep to create new experiences and opportunities for connection at massive scale. As a Gameplay Development Manager, you will manage a team of software engineers focused on AI, Animation, and Combat systems. You and your team will collaborate with engineers, designers, and artists to create clear, compelling content that contributes directly to one of the most ambitious MMO games in the industry. You will be responsible for delivering game systems and workflow, achieving MMO performance and scale goals, and facilitating the testing required to deliver a high quality result.
· Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining advanced online multiplayer related gaming technology.
· Enable a team of developers to build great gameplay on a massive scale.
· Manage a team of engineers helping them grow their skills and advance their careers.
· Solve novel, ambiguously defined, difficult problems.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and create functional and well-designed technology that delights our artists.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
· 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· 8+ years of Game industry experience.
· Experience with network performance profiling and optimization.
· Deep knowledge of asset pipeline and runtime representation.
· Game engine development experience.
· Comprehensive video game engineering skills including spatial reasoning, networking and pragmatic optimization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age