We are growing and taking on more to make the world safe for ecommerce. Amazon.com's Buyer Risk and Compliance (BRC) team is a centralized technology team that protect all of Amazon’s businesses and services from fraud and abuse. These systems, invisible to the customer, work seamlessly across the billions of transactions occurring simultaneously around the world. We are pioneering new techniques to detect and neutralize bad actors that attempt to abuse our policies.
BRC designs and builds high performance software systems using machine learning to identify and prevent abusive transactions. Abuse prevention is a real money game where our software teams strive to outsmart those who attempt to defraud Amazon and our customers. Come build with us! Every dollar of abuse that we prevent is a dollar of profit for Amazon or its 3P Sellers, a dollar that could be reinvested to deliver new features for our customers. Because of Amazon's huge scale, this a great opportunity to add hundreds of millions to the bottom line.
BRC is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Senior Program Manager to drive expansion of innovative products globally in the Buyer Abuse space. In this role you will analyze the potential customer and financial implications and work closely with business partners to launch new programs globally. The successful candidate will be expected to own and deliver our goals in partnership with business, product, and operational teams. He or she will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
· Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements and tools to quantify business goals.
· Champion on behalf of Amazon and our Customers and help uncover issues currently impacting our Customer Experience.
· Define and manage programs to protect Amazon and our 3P Sellers from Policy Risk, including socializing your vision and results with Senior Leaders across Amazon.
· Communicate (both verbally and in writing) program successes, failures, lessons learned and mitigations plans to stakeholders.
· Partner with Product Management to coordinate activities and program manage products and services.
· Conduct in-depth reviews of data sets to determine patterns, trends and abuse types and develop reports for leadership and partner teams.
· Make decisions involving unique policy violations as well as recommend policy changes/ improvements
· Launch and manage world wide new and expanding abuse policy programs.
· Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow-up on action items.
· Develop performance and outcome measures.
· Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience
· 6+ years of program management experience, leading projects involving multiple stakeholders
· Proven level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information.
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
· Proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives
· Proven ability to self-manage work and move forward in the face of ambiguity
· Experience working in risk, fraud or compliance organizations.
· Proficiency in SQL and data analytics tools
· Exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.