Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch – with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We’re just getting started with Lumberyard. We have an excellent team with long tenure building some of the industry’s most respected games, but we are still growing fast and have many positions left to fill. We’re looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. We’re looking for the best people in the industry to join our team of veterans. If you’re excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon’s products, including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
As a software development manager for the Automation/Build/Dev Ops team, you will be responsible for leading the development of the automation tools, build systems, and dev ops for the Lumberyard engine. You will be setting the best practices, and developing the strategy for moving from a milestone based deployment to CICD solutions, and then see that plan through execution, enabling the entire organization to move faster.
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead a team of engineers responsible for the development of the Lumberyard build systems and associated automation technologies.
· Develop project plans and commitments for your team then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Hire world-class dev ops, build system, and automation engineers, and retain them.
· Coach your team members and grow their capabilities over time.
· Participate in the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
· 5+ years of large-scale production experience in a leadership or technical management experience leading teams of engineers (e.g. as a technical producer, tech director, lead programmer, or similar).
· 5+ years creating and maintaining large project build systems and associated automation technologies.
· 5+ years working on cross-platform code bases.
· 3+ years of continuous integration continuous deployment (CICD).
· Game technology experience,
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· Experience with application development on Windows and user interface design.
· A passion for staying up-to-date with game technology and helping teams build games more efficiently!
· Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines.
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum.
· Experience working in a distributed development environment.
· Enjoys playing video games.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age