Amazon's Finance Operations department seeks a Financial Analyst to support Accounts Receivable for LATAM countries.
This person will be responsible for the following:
· Full cycle of accounts receivable past due balances, including: research, analysis and calling customers to perform collection activities.
· Reconciling AR account(s) to the general ledger
· Managing and resolving invoice discrepancies to ensure timely and accurate receivables.
· Managing internal and external Accounts receivable inquiries.
· Maintain Customer relationships by responding timely and accurately to both internal (company) and external (customer directly) questions and requests for information.
· Creating and implementing standard operating procedures and process workflows.
· Collaborating with the Global Finance Operations team and internal business partners in the US, CA,LATAM and new Geo launches.
· Timely publish report via weekly metrics and provide status updates on projects
· Participate in operational excellence activities
Analyze processes, recommend improvements for same and manage all internal controls on documents
· Accounting Degree with 4+ years of post-qualification experience in Shared Services Accounts Receivable or Collections.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong Customer focus.
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Proficient in Excel.
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
· Fully proficient in Spanish and English.
· CPA, CMA or equivalent with 2+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Shared Services, AR or Accounting.
· Proficiency in Oracle Financials ERP & Six Sigma methodologies
· Strong knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel or similar desktop applications
· Excellent in communication skills – written/verbal, internal/external
· Has demonstrated ability to work/lead as a team
· Strong ability to take initiative and self-start when necessary
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Portuguese fluency (desire but not required)