Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers’ data safe? Do you want to help secure web services by implementing cryptography at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. AWS Key Management Service and AWS CloudHSM provide encryption and key management services, while AWS Certificate Manager handles the complexity of provisioning, deploying, and managing certificates.
The AWS Crypto Tools team helps AWS customers protect their sensitive data inside and outside of the cloud by building and maintaining easy to use, secure, open source encryption tools and libraries. We are looking for an experienced security engineer with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure and user-friendly tools available to help our customers protect their data and accelerate use of cryptography in all AWS services.
You should have experience securing scalable, customer-centric systems and a passion for designing secure software solutions. Along with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists you will drive cryptographic best practices across our service teams as they utilize cryptographic tools and libraries to raise the bar on security for all our services.
Your responsibilities include:
· Owning the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, testing, implementing, and supporting encryption tools and libraries
· Delivering foundational libraries to be used inside and outside Amazon.
· Contributing to open source projects, including the AWS Encryption SDK, the DynamoDB Encryption Client
· BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 3 years of experience with any combination of the following: mobile security, threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
· Demonstrated experience collaborating with other security engineers and developers to deliver complex projects
· Strong and creative problem solving abilities
· Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
· Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
· Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
· Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
· Distributed systems experience
· Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
· Experience with large scale systems
· Knowledge and experience with Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs), Hardware Security Modules, or other cryptographic hardware
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Women / Minority / Disability/Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.