The Amazon operations team is looking for Lead Fulfillment Associates with a strong record of achieving results to join the expanding team supporting operations leaders and associates in delivering strong operations results within our fulfillment centers. Lead Fulfillment Associates hold various roles within the Fulfillment Center including, but not limited to: Trainer, Data Analyst, Process Assistant and Shipping Clerk! All role types will include performing production duties as needed: pick/pack orders, receive/stow product, ensure inventory accuracy, and unload/load trucks. Lead Fulfillment Associates will also be responsible for communicating instructions to other associates, motivating them and keeping their work areas safe!
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, Amazon has been pushing the boundaries of ‘possible’ further and further. Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Things to know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment Center:
• We’re committed to providing a safe work environment. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch and recognize others for working safely.
• We have a relaxed, casual dress code (as long as your attire meets our safety requirements).
• We work to regulate our sites as much as possible, but even with climate controls the noise and temperature levels can vary day to day. Hearing protection is available.
• You may be asked to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet, or on powered equipment (forklift, cherry picker, etc.).
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Relocation assistance is not provided.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• Are at least 18 years old, and authorized to work in the United States
• Able to work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
• Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
• 2+ years of work experience or a completed Associate’s Degree
• 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree
• 1+ year of leadership experience directly managing others
• 1+ year working in a like environment (manufacturing/distribution/warehousing/large retail)
• Experience with performance metrics and lean process improvement
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to coach, train and assist team members
Related Military Occupational Specialties: Army Career Field 88 (88M Motor Transport Operator, 88N Transportation Management Coordinator, etc.), 3531 Marine Corps Motor Vehicle Operator, EO Navy Equipment Operator and 2T1 Air Force Vehicle Operator.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.