Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
Simulation is an absolute necessity for the success of our program. In many fields of engineering and product development, simulation has attained a level of sophistication, speed and accuracy that makes it indispensable in the process of creation. That is not the case for numerous aspects of the problems we are solving. Our simulations are fully immersive. We're looking for a versatile leader who is able to go technically deep, lead and grow a strong team of scientists and engineers.
· MSc/PhD in Computer Science or other related engineering field
· 10+ years experience developing software
· Experience leading development of capabilities for game engine environments, such as Lumberyard, Unity3d, Unreal, CryEngine, Havok and/or other world simulation environments
· 15+ years relevant work experience
· Experience with physical system modeling and simulation
· Experience working with multi-disciplined teams
· Practical experience with software engineering best practices
· Experience leading teams to tackle difficult, complex software and mathematical problems that do not have easy off-the-shelf solutions
· Experience with Agile software development methodologies
· Experience in a lead role in bringing a product to market
· Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.