The Amazon Alexa Canada country team in Seattle is looking for a Senior Product Manager. Interested in designing new experiences for Alexa that customers will love? Come work with us!
As a Senior Product Manager you will have wide set of responsibilities to ensure our customers are delighted.
· Feature development: Join the Canada country team in constantly thinking about ideas and develop new features. What could be particularly relevant for Canadian customers - English or French speaking - and could be real local delighter?
· Enhancements: You will be responsible to enhance the current Alexa experience overall. Identify improvement opportunities – from customer pain points like bugs or little paper cuts to things that are actually working well but could be improved even further. How can we make Alexa more enjoyable in the everyday use?
· Feature design and launches: When we develop global features and localize them, you will be involved in the design process to contribute requirements for Canada, so the product feels really local in both languages. In the development process, you will drive the UX design for the voice and visual interfaces for these features. What is a great local customer experience?
· Marketing: Work with Marketing to review our customer communication like advertising for new features and products, product packaging, etc. to ensure it is fitting with local usage
We are looking for a Product Manager who can:
· Come up with new ideas to improve the product with new features or enhancement of existing ones
· Define customer experience needs, identifying gaps, feature enhancements and opportunities
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Work with localization program managers, localization vendors, quality assurance engineers and tool development teams to drive linguistic, stylistic and terminology management issues to resolution for new global feature launches
· Develop and maintain glossaries, style guides, and localization artefacts to ensure English and French Canadian linguistic quality for the Alexa service
· Work with Marketing to guide and review localization of material
· Understand Canadian culture to deliver content that is relevant to customers
· Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
· 5+ years of professional experience
· 2+ years of consumer-facing program management experience for software, web applications or internet sites
· Working knowledge of Project/Program Management principles
· Experience in project management, product management, working with tech teams, UX design, localization
· Bilingual in English and French
· Master's degree in a technical discipline
· French Canadian fluency
· Experience in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer products
· Experience working cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from product management, engineering, testing, and marketing globally
· High attention to detail and proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.