AWS Device Farm is a mobile app-testing service that enables developers to improve the quality of their Android, iOS, and Fire OS apps by quickly and securely testing them on smartphones, tablets, and other devices in the cloud. Developers can upload their own test scripts or use AWS Device Farm’s device compatibility test suite. A test report is updated as soon as tests are complete. In addition to a high-level summary, the reports contain detailed logs, screenshots, and performance data. Testing on multiple devices is parallelized, which enables developers to get test results faster.
Our customer base has been increasing month over month, and we are now looking to hire an experienced Support Engineer III to help us achieve operational scale. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
· The on-boarding of new customers to private and public fleets through the installation of new devices.
· Proactive upgrading of patches into public and private fleets
· Identification of new opportunities to streamline the entire on-boarding process.
· Perform regular analysis of metrics to determine issue patterns and work with the engineering team and Data Center operations to proactively fix any problems.
· Managing security risks in a timely manner
· Creation of an automation layer to improve our KPIs and ensure we trend toward 100% availability for the devices serving our customers
· Build distributed system in our data centers and help with the expansion of Device Farm in other region
We are looking for a strong team player with exceptional written and verbal communication skill (will be working closely with the business and our technical partners). If you are interested and up for the challenge, and would like to learn more about the Mobile Team at AWS, please reach out to us to learn more.
Amazon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
· Candidates should have 2+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
· Proficient in Programming in one or more object oriented languages like Python/Java Programming.
· Experience in System Development and build tools for day-to-day operations.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
· Experience with systems management and monitoring software (home-grown or commercially available)
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Analytical abilities, proven trouble shooting skills and operational excellence.
· Track the health of our services, identify problems, drive to root cause, and fix
· Ability to interact professionally & efficiently with peers and customers is required.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation