Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Be part of the team defining the wireless modem of Project Kuiper’s broadband wireless system from customer end points to terrestrial gateways via Low Earth Orbit satellites. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking wireless solution with few legacy constraints. The team works with customer requirements and wireless implementation teams to define a modem solution that optimizes spectrum efficiency, ability to support diverse set of customer link requirements / environments, minimizes BER / packet retries, and support for flexible MAC architecture.
In this role you will:
· Work within a team and take responsibility for high bandwidth wireless system architecture
· Create documentation defining modem block’s function, interfaces, and implementation requirements
· Drive trade-off analyst / simulation to benefit customer experience and optimization of resources (costs, power, spectrum)
· Work closely with implementation teams to evaluate expected system level performance and provide quick feedback on potential improvements
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience in wireless systems design and / or RF design implementation
· Experience in wireless system design and architecture, system integration, RF system analysis
· Experience with current and upcoming RF standards in cellular (4G/5G), WiMAX, 802.11ad, microwave backhaul, DVB-S2 / DVB-C, OR similar broadband wireless standards
· Master’s / PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Communications Systems
· Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
· Experience with development of a new wireless communications system
· Experience with design and implementation of APSK or OFDM based modems
· Experience with communication theory, OFDM, MIMO, Digital/Wireless Communication Systems and RF engineering
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age