This position is responsible for Payroll OE Project Manager & Business Analyst role.
Payroll Operational Excellence (OE) Project Manager
Do you want to be instrumental in the success of some of Amazon’s most strategic and highly impactful projects? Amazon’s Finance Operations Payroll team has an immediate opening for a seasoned Operational Excellence whose experience illustrates a clear ability to support implementation of global process improvement along with technologies and services to meet long term business needs.
The OE role is self-driven, and goal oriented with a focus in delivering a business solution that meets the customers need. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to dis-aggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
Lean Six Sigma expertise along with strong stakeholder management to drive process and system improvement. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We will support local & global projects, processes, systems, and teams. This is a mix of quantitative and leadership skills to identify process improvement & technology related opportunities and bring them to logical closure by applying stable and scalable solutions.
The OE person has to drive the culture of self-inspection and continuous improvement where acting on fact and eliminating defects and waste is the norm. They will be leading and mentoring projects, conducting training events, developing lean six sigma & business analytics training materials, and providing metrics on improvements and performance of the program. The OE have a documented track record of leading, building rapport, and mentoring process improvement teams consisting of members of all levels and functions, without formal reporting relationships. Finance OE has to demonstrate Amazon Leadership Principles.
Manager Finance Payroll OE are expected to:
· Work with stakeholders and product owners to understand the users’ goals and objectives and identify success criteria.
· Lead efforts in analyzing, collecting, and prioritizing user requirements, and translate business requirements into small scale automation design, processes and use cases.
· Partner with the operations team on system design and gap analysis.
· Work with all stakeholders to ensure implemented solution meets defined success criteria.
· Communicate with Stakeholders, in a manner that enables them to have a common understanding of the automation status, risks, and decision points of system or process changes.
· Lead high impact Lean Six Sigma projects (DMAIC, DFSS, Kaizen, FMEA, etc.)
· Mentor Yellow Belts, and Kaizen leaders through their projects.
· Deliver Lean Six Sigma training (Yellow Belt, Kaizen, etc.)
· Support Finance Payroll operations with continued development of training materials, problem solving techniques, and supporting to improve critical business metrics.
· Manage a portfolio of improvement projects Lean Six Sigma & BA related, including auditing of implemented projects to ensure that process improvements are sustained and benefits are realized.
· Represent Finance Payroll OE in local and global meetings/conference calls and with network-wide projects.
Act as a project manager for small and medium size projects by directing, supporting and coaching project(s) team members and stakeholders and reporting on the project progress and status.
1. Basic Qualifications
· Excellent verbal, visual, written and listening skills English.
·including advanced functions such as importing & exporting data, pivot tables, and macros.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics using Big Data Analytics (preferred).
· Minimum 2+ years of Lean Six Sigma project management technique.
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified.
· Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to make fact-based decisions and drive RCA.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics or Business Analytics (preferably in quantitative field. (BA/BS/MS) or equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 3 + years in a quantitative role – Engineering, Process Re-engineering, Quality Assurance).
· Proficient in lean six sigma tools, such statistics, SPC, hypothesis testing, regression, RCA, etc.
· Demonstrated Project Management experience, including managing a project portfolio, driving a timeline to completion, following-up, organizing multiple action plans within multiple functions.
1. Preferred Qualifications
. Experience with Human Resource (HR) Services or Local HR teams
· 2+ years of experience in payroll industry. (preferred).
· Proven ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
· Courageous and willing to stand up for their ideas within appropriate guidelines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels in a matrix organization.
· Advanced degree (technical MS or MBA), PMP , Prince 2 etc.
· Pocess, manufacturing, or engineering background with an ability to understand process work flow and throughput through the operation