Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
The Amazon SCOT organization is expanding our Direct Fulfillment team and we are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to build Direct Fulfillment features and drive business growth.
Direct Fulfillment (dropship) provides Amazon customers the broadest in-stock selection, at the quality and speed of delivery they have come to expect from Amazon at the best possible cost structure for Amazon. Direct Fulfillment allows Amazon to fulfill customer orders directly from our vendor’s warehouse and is one of the fastest growing supply channels at Amazon. This role is responsible for designing and building vendor and customer facing features, developing economic selection models, as well as partnering with retail leaders in all marketplaces to drive growth in the DF business.
The successful candidate will have a combination of customer and vendor focus, the ability to understand and work with technical supply chain systems and the ability to understand business drivers and help grow our business. You will be working with user experience designers and engineers to create product specifications to deliver new features and improved experiences to our vendors and customers. At the same time, you will be diving deep into economics to understand how DF works and make recommendations on how to improve and grow the overall business. You will need to think globally, as the features you create will be deployed in the US and in 5 regions worldwide.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical product role
· 4+ years of product development experience with demonstrated ability to launch product features
· Ability to talk to business drivers of growth, set business goals and align technical priorities to those goals.
· Experience working directly with technical teams in an agile software development environment
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
· Ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences and influence outside technical teams
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
· Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to influence through writing
· Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and across time zones
· MBA preferred
· 6+ years of product development experience in e-commerce
· Strong product management skills: proven track record of launching complicated product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
· Strong business acumen – Experience working with P&L data to drive growth
· Strong analytics and SQL experience