Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos. Our mission is to provide peace of mind for home owners while they are way from home using our wire-free, battery-operated smart home security cameras.
The Blink QA team drives the hardware and software development processes towards quality-centric methodologies and enables efficiencies in the QA process and drives process changes, automation, and tools to optimize QA effort in support of the Blink product. Our QA team works closely with all development groups to enhance and maintain the mobile app, hardware and cloud systems that make up the Blink product offering.
Blink Quality Assurance Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Blink QAEs are not pure black box testers; we test at the appropriate level and are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools. Blink QAEs work with Development Engineers to understand the technical implementation of features. Blink QAEs will also work with Product Management and Customer Support to understand customer usage models to help inform and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests to drive the software development process towards quality focused methodologies, striving to find defects earlier in the process.
· BS degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering, or other technical field, or comparable experience
· 1+ year of software quality assurance engineering experience
· 1+ year experience executing test strategies, test plans and test cases
· 1+ year writing code with Python or Java
· Experience with Selenium or other automation framework
· Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
· Experience with test plan management tools, JAMA, TestRail, Dynamics or similar
· Experience with bug tracking tools, JIRA or similar
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute plans as required
· Ability to work with technicians and engineers at all levels
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//